With the end of the semester drawing near, so are the plans of preparing students for final exams and standardized tests. Check out these six iPad apps to create fun, engaging, interactive study guides for your students.
1. ScreenChomp – Create a list of equations for students to solve. Student’s task will be to work out the equation and record the steps they took to solve the equation.
2. StudyBlue – Give students a list of important terms to know for thier exam, have students create flash cards. Students should review using Review mode and then take the quiz.
3. Socrative – Create sample test item questions for students to review. For a fun and engaging practice, allow students to use Socrative’s game mode.
4. Red Laser – All students love a scavenger hunt. Create a scavenger hunt for equations, or vocabulary. Use www.qrstuff.com and create QR codes. Post the codes around the school and have students complete the scavenger hunt.
5. SonicPics and Doodle Buddy – Give students a word problem to solve. Have them find pictures to explain the word problem and use Doodle Buddy to work out each step. Screen shots of their work in Doddle Buddy will used in their SonicPic presentation. Have students explain their process in a voice recording.
Students love to use engaging activities to review and prepare for exams. These 5 Review Stations can be used at the end of a unit or for a final exam. For more ideas on how to integrate technology into your classroom, visit me at www.funintegratingtechnology.blogspot.com